Ingrown toenails are excruciating, and they can be dubious to treat since they can without much of a stretch end up contaminated and are frequently a repeating issue.
In the event that your ingrown toenail has turned out to be contaminated, you shouldn’t endeavor to treat it yourself. “The main thing is, on the off chance that they’re contaminated, they should be seen by a podiatrist,” says Alan K. Mauser, DPM, a podiatrist in Louisville, Ky.
On the off chance that the ingrown toenail isn’t tainted, you can attempt some at-home solutions for keep the torment under control and keep the ingrown toenail from returning. Here are a few thoughts:
- Attempt a foot douse. Enable your sore toe to absorb a warm salt water shower for 15 minutes two or three times each day. This splash can help mitigate agony and swelling in an ingrown toenail. Dry your foot totally after each splash.
- Keep your foot dry with the exception of when dousing.
- Take an over-the-counter torment alleviating prescription, similar to acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- Delicately pull the skin far from the nail utilizing a little nail document or other obtuse gadget that won’t cut or hurt the toe.
- Stuff small bits of spotless, wet cotton between the ingrown toenail and the skin to encourage separate them and give a bit of padding to the skin. You can absorb the cotton a touch of water or a sterile chemical first.
- Rub your toe with anti-microbial salve to help decrease your shot of building up a disease.
- Cover the sore toe with a Band-Aid or other gauze to offer some additional cushioning and security.
- Pick shoes that are simple on your toes. Shoes made of delicate textures with a wide toe are a decent decision — take a stab at wearing shoes in the event that you can. Keep away from shoes that squeeze the toes or place weight on the ingrown toenail.
- Assess your toe painstakingly for indications of disease. Check each day for signs and side effects like redness, expanded torment, swelling, and waste of discharge.
- See a podiatrist on the off chance that you see indications of contamination, or if your ingrown toenail holds returning.
Ingrown toenails are frequently a repeating issue. “On the off chance that it’s an issue, if it’s intermittent, you should see a podiatrist who can settle the issue,” says Mauser. “It’s a little surgery where you for all time evacuate the ingrown corner of the nail.
Avoidance is frequently your best strategy for controlling the torment of ingrown toenails. There are various approaches to keep toenails from bending over and delving into the skin of your toe. Purchasing legitimately fitting footwear (it shouldn’t crush the toes) and cutting your toenails accurately (not very short and in a straight line over), are two least demanding techniques. “When you begin burrowing down the sides you’re most likely going to get a contamination,” says Mauser.
Individuals with diabetes ought to precisely look at their feet frequently, and ought to dependably observe a specialist around an ingrown toenail.
On the off chance that you recognize an ingrown toenail, act quick to keep a disease. Utilize these tips to treat an ingrown toenail, and make a beeline for a podiatrist whenever there’s any hint of disease.